Esayidi TVET College was established in 2003 after the merger of the previous Port Shepstone and Enyenyezi Technical Colleges. Since then, Esayidi TVET College has established 6 main campuses and various Community Development Centers across the Southern KZN Region
Our society is deeply affected by, amongst other things, unemployment, poverty and crime. As a major priority to combat this, the government promotes community participation in the social and Economic circles. Esayidi TVET College is accredited by MERSETA, ESETA, ETDPSETA as well as UMALUSI to provide professional and responsive training services to its wider community in an effort to respond to the above challenges.
Our stakeholders and partners include other Government entities, Department of Trade and Industry, SEDA, DED, MGM Holdings, NGOs Women and Youth help desks within UGU District Municipality, Disabled, Senior citizens, Comboko, Sangoco, Community structures, Churches, Idwala Carbonates as well as financial institutions.
Vision & Mission
- It is our vision that we become an institution of excellence, by empowering individuals through Community needs-driven programmes that are accessible, equity based and with Life Long Learning opportunities.
- To be the main provider of relevant, quality and affordable, TVET education in a healthy and safe environment.
- To transform, adopt and implement sound financial principles, and to research and align all functions to applicable legislation principles
- To empower communities by contributing to the basic workforce, self-employment as well as culturally enriched citizens that will contribute to the economic development of our country
- To attract, develop and retain competent, well-trained staff
A MODERN COLLEGE FOR A MODERN SOUTH AFRICA
About our College
Esayidi TVET College is the Key driver of skills development in Esayidi (Port Shepstone), Hibiscus Coast and Ugu District Municipalities.
These areas comprise of three major towns and numerous townships, both rural with a population of approximately 2 million people. The major industries in these areas are in the sectors of iron- and steel manufacturing, textile and clothing production, cement chemical manufacturing, tyre production, engineering workshops and primary agriculture. Port Shepstone and its environs have been identified as a major growth area in the KZN Provincial Growth and Development Strategy, which provides a strategic framework for the next ten years that is based on partnerships among all sectors of society. Additionally, they will drive the economic activity needed for long term sustainable growth.
- Community, social & personal services.
- Agriculture, forestry & fishing.
- General government services
- Wholesale & Retail
- Finance & business services
UGU District (cont)
- Transport and communication
- Electricity & Mining
- Arts & Culture
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Electricity and water
- Arts and Culture
- Tourism and Hospitality